Sunday, June 18, 2006

Day 4 - Sunday

*whew* I made it! A day of rest... and BOY did I need it.

Slept in until 8.30 and left around 10 to get to church by 11 (bus schedules making it a bit hard to judge). My new friend (and fellow TSAD), Nick, and I went to First Pres in B'ham to hear Past Moderator Rick Ufford-Chase speak. A wonderful old church with welcoming people... and a great message. It was nice to be worshipping together!

Then lunch and back to the hotel to change. Nick and I headed back to the BJCC to wander around downtown and "see the sights". We ended up going to the B'ham Civil Right Museum. We didn't have enough time to really spend looking closely - so we walked through (free on Sundays) and got a quick look. I'm planning on returning during my days off before returning to Pasadena.

Here's something cool! I was in a pic on the front page of the Assembly Newspaper! It's a pic of my committee voting on something... and there I am, right in the middle!! Here's a link to the pic! (it's a large file... give it time to download)

Worship tonight was AMAZING! We had communion for thousands of people (I think over 5000). I'll post pics soon, so you can see the beautiful tables!! It was amazing...

Then back to the hotel and now to bed. I have a 6.30am breakfast tomorrow - so I'm not getting much sleep again... but tomorrow we start the big stuff. Tomorrow at 9am we reconvene the full assembly and begin our work. Please please please... PRAY. We have a TON of work to do, and very limited time in which to complete it. This is the first GA following a 2 year break - and I'm afraid that it may be physically impossible to do everything that we are scheduled to do. Does anyone out there know what happens if we don't finish???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home