Thursday, May 11, 2006

Travel plans

It has been a bit of a hassle to get my flights arranged, but I have finally managed it. The GA Office had not provided the travel agent with my name as an approved TSAD - so they were unable to book my flights. Late yesterday, I finally managed to speak with someone at the GA Office and was assured that my name would be transmitted within a few hours. I decided to give them more time and waited until this morning to make the call.

Lisa, the woman at Travel Authority with whom I spoke, was incredibly friendly. We had spoken once or twice in the ongoing saga of getting my name on the list. Within 10 minutes, I had my flights planned.

I made a last minute decision about my trip. I extended my stay in Birmingham until the Sunday after GA. Knowing myself, if I were to return to Pasadena immediately following the meetings, I would not have a chance to relax and take a deep breath. Since I've never been to Birmingham, I'd like to stay and see a little bit. Or just relax at a hotel. We'll see.

So:
Wednesday 14 June 2006
BUR to DFW to BHM
7.05a - 12.05pm, 2.10pm - 3.49pm

Sunday 25 June 2006
BHM to DFW to BUR
4.34p - 6.30p, 8.15p - 9.22p

That's my plan. :)
Still no paperwork from the GA Office, so I don't know my committee or my hotel yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home