Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Meeting with Dr. Mouw

Well, back when my approval came through, I called Dr. Mouw's office and made an appointment to visit with him. He will be there, speaking at a couple of events, and I thought it would be nice if he knew enough about me to greet me by name and even introduce me, if need be. Since I'm the school rep, I thought it might be nice. Plus, it was a good excuse to spend some time with a man I admire.

So... I got to spend about 30 minutes with him this morning and really enjoyed it. He knows of me, from my tech job and singing gigs on campus. But he didn't know me. If you'd asked him my name, he probably wouldn't have known it. And that's to be expected. No reason for him to know me yet.

Now I feel like he'll be able to greet me at GA and perhaps introduce me to people by name. :)

And then I had a chance to speak with the Vice Moderator of my committee. She's a really really nice woman who was super friendly and excited to have me on the team. I'm looking forward to meeting her in person!

Just 8 days until I'm in 'bama! Oh my. So much to do!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home